Walter C. Morrison IV
Mr. Morrison practices out of the Jackson, Mississippi and New Orleans, Louisiana office locations.
Walter C. Morrison, IV was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on October 19, 1967 and raised in New Roads, Louisiana. He graduated from Catholic High School of Pointe Coupee in 1986 where he was a member of the 1986 State Championship Hornet baseball team. He graduated in 1990 from Louisiana State University with a B.S. in accounting. He attended Mississippi College School of Law where he was Production Editor of the law review and graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1993.
Walter's practice started in Jackson, Mississippi when he joined Upshaw Williams in 1993 and focused primarily on the defense of personal injury cases. In 2000, Walter joined the firm of Sessums, Dallas & Morrison where he remained until January 2013 focusing primarily on plaintiff’s personal injury litigation, primarily medical malpractice. Walter became a member of Gainsburgh, Benjamin in January 2013 and he practices in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
Walter is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and an Associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been named to the Best Lawyers in America from 2008 until 2021, and was named 2016, 2019 and 2021 Best Lawyers' "Lawyer of the Year" for Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice and 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" for Plaintiffs Personal Injury in Jackson, Mississippi. He has been named to Mid-South Super Lawyers for 2011-2021 and Louisiana Super Lawyers in 2020 and 2021. He has an "AV" rating in Martindale Hubbell. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Litigation Counsel of America. He is board certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
Walter serves on the Adjunct Faculty of the Mississippi College School of Law where he teaches Law and Medicine. He has also lectured at the University of Mississippi School of Law and the Mississippi College School of Law in the areas of trial practice. He has given seminar and continuing legal education presentations through Barristers and the National Business Institute in the areas of litigation, evidence, medical malpractice and trial practice.
Walter is a member of the Mississippi State Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar Foundation and the Louisiana State Bar Association.
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 2012
- Mississippi, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2013
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: Member, National Moot Court Competition Team (1993)
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1990
- Major: Accounting
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, Mississippi State Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- "Author" "Tax Evasion, Willfulness and the Subjective Standard; The Law Invites A Charlatan," 13 Miss, C.L. Rev. 195 (1992)
- Board Certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LA State Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Mississippi State Bar Association, Member, 1993 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Sessums Dallas & Morrison, Member, 2000 to 2012
- Upshaw Williams, Partner, 1993 to 2000