Rachel M. Naquin
Rachel Naquin joined Gainsburgh Benjamin as an associate attorney in 2017. She is admitted to practice before all Louisiana State and Federal courts, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
While Rachel is a New Orleans native, she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and a Minor in Mandarin Chinese from American University in Washington, DC, graduating magna cum laude.
Rachel earned her Juris Doctor at Penn State Law, where she participated as a member of the Civil Rights Appellate Clinic. Through her time with the Clinic, she worked on three cases before the Supreme Court of the United States. While in law school, Rachel competed for Penn State Law on the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Team and the AAJ Trial Advocacy Team. She received Penn State Law's Unsung Hero Award for her commitment to organizing the law school's intramural mock trial competition for first-year students. Rachel also served as a Senior Editor for the Penn State Law Review, and she is a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society.
Outside the practice of law, Rachel enjoys watching the Nittany Lions take the field every Saturday during college football season.
Areas of Practice
- Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2018
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2017
- Penn State Law, University Park, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Woolsack Society
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Protecting Louisiana Drivers Across State Lines, Louisiana Advocates, November, 2018
- Protecting a Client's Recovery From Louisiana's Medical Lien Privilege, Louisiana Advocated, November, 2019
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award for the highest grade in Torts
- CALI Award for the highest grade in Federal Criminal Practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice